Happy New Year!
I can’t believe 2015 is here already— I feel like 2014 has passed me by in such a blur!
But first things first. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I spent mine at my house, and this year my family came to stay at mine instead, which hasn’t happened in a long time. It was really nice to have 4 generations of my family all staying together underneath one roof, and celebrating Christmas together.
But now it’s the New Year, and it’s the year which brings around a lot of changes for me, and so I thought I would share some things that 2015 is bringing to me, and wish I hope to bring to 2015…
1) I have 3 more books being published throughout this year. I hope I can make each one better than the last.
2) I’m moving just after the summer— I’ll be about a six-hour drive away from my family, and living alone in my own place. I’m both excited and nervous. How does one do this “living” business?
3) I started running! Yesterday! I hope to carry it on and build up my distance— one day, I would like to enter an event, such as a 10k or something along those lines. Hopefully I won’t get bored after three days… I’ve also tried to begin drinking two litres of water a day, but it’s more difficult than one anticipated— I kind of feel more like a fish, to be truthful!
4) My YouTube channel has been up for nearly a year, but I’ve only recently started posting on it. I would like to make a schedule for it, try new things, and continue uploading. 🙂
5) The same goes for this blog! 6,000 people have now read this, which is mind-blowing— but I’ve recently stopped blogging as much, so I would really like to get back into it. After all, I literally wouldn’t be doing any of the opportunities I’m doing now if it wasn’t for my blog. I think the idea that thousands of people read what I write suddenly dawned on me, and I got a bit scared! But I’m back now, and delighted to be sharing my words again. Not sure if they’re any good then! I’ll let you be the judge of that. 🙂
6) This year, I would like to be myself— I think living alone later this year in a new, undiscovered place will help me with that.
7) Take risks. Creatively and personally. I would like to say “yes” to more things, and write stories that scare me and put me out my comfort zones; make videos that are ambitious; and generally just do things that I previously haven’t done.
8) Be more charitable/raise awareness. I feel a responsibility to spread awareness of issues I personally believe in, and use my voice that I have been given. I feel extremely grateful and thankful to be in this position, and I truly do not want to waste it.
9) Have fun. In 2014, a lot of things changed for me, I felt, and sometimes I found myself bottling things up, trying to put on a happy front, and then finding myself in my own bubble of stress. This year, I need to understand that downtime to switch off is just as important as productive time— especially if I want to continue my output. After all, exhaustion doesn’t help!
10) Go with the flow. Sometimes things just happen for a reason, and this year whatever will be will be. I’m just thankful to be on this journey.
That’s all for this post. I would like to hear what you want to bring to this year, and what you hope this year brings to you.
Also, what would you like to see on this blog? Any new features or a post on a certain topic or…? It would be great if you could let me know down in the comments— I would really appreciate it!
Thank you for reading and for so being so supportive. I’m unbelievably grateful every single day. 🙂