1. Okay. This is something new for me. I’ve decided I’m going to try and start doing a Friday Five. For those of you who don’t know what one of those is, it’s where every Friday you share/discuss five things about your week. I guess deciding to do this can be number one. This week I posted three posts on this blog (more to come on those in just a second!) and it was really good to be able to share new content with you outside of my books and twitter. Hopefully I’ll have time to be able to continue doing so.
2. As I just mentioned, this week I posted three books reviews on my blog– on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! Back in September I was recruited by a marketing company– Reach For The Stars– to start reviewing books for them. This is a really cool opportunity, and one I’m glad I jumped at the chance to do. Sure, it’s been a little hectic fitting in over 1,000 pages of reading, but just being sent books to read and share my thoughts on is fantastic. I’ve just been sent a couple of books for me to review in early 2014, and so I’m very glad to know I’m able to do this for the next few months at least.
3. In addition to this, I’ve been working on a new book. I started it at the beginning of this month, and I’m about 160 pages in, and I loving it. Whenever I mention what it’s about it to somebody (and very few people do know about it) they get all and I’m all and it just makes me so happy, blog readers. It is another YA book, but the book I wrote before this one– I refer to it as #OohRussianNovel, which shall be revealed very soon (promise!)– wasn’t YA, and it wasn’t fantasy, either, so it’s been a nice return. However, I’ve found I haven’t actually written very much during the last seven days. Last weekend I had my great-grandmother stay over, followed by writing up/posting reviews and hurriedly trying to finish reading the third book. The last review went up on Wednesday, and so now that things were looking calmer, I was determined to write. However, yesterday (Thursday), I found myself not feeling too good and so words did not happen.
4. Today is Friday, and I’ve still been ill all day long. Last night, I attempted and succeeded in an early night, but after having over nine hours of sleep I didn’t feel any better. If anything, I felt worse. Today I’ve hardly done anything at all– I especially haven’t written any more words on my new book. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow, which brings us onto number…
5. I am so excited for tomorrow, everybody, even if I do feel ill. Tomorrow my second book (and my first YA book), SOULLESS, releases! I love SOULLESS so, so much, and so I’m very excited to be able to share it with the world. I can’t wait to see what people think to it! Also, I think it would look good on your shelf. Just saying. *winks*
So, that’s it for this week, and I’ll hopefully see you next Friday!
(Also, I notice under this it STILL says I’m 15? Which I am not. I’ve changed it and updated it, and YET it won’t change. If anybody knows how to fix this, let me know? Thanks!)